G80 Dual Core GPU!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i'm happy with the Sapphire X1900XTX $489 - OEM from newegg.
It's exceeded my expectations. It's a d@mn good card... Eats through all games... including the long anticipated Oblivion. I'm sure it will hold it's own in Unreal 2007, Tom Clancey's Advanced Warfighter and anything else DX9c that comes it's way.

As for the 7900GTX, i would have gone with one of those if they were available when I was ready to buy. But, hey... The card I listed above is a darn good deal right now...

Slap a Physix card in the PC along side a current highend card and ride the wave for another year.

just pure talk every time something comes out it is alot less than everyone expected especialy when it comes to pipelines, but its still exiting to hear

Are you joking, if the R600 is to be on 65nm, that will be wicked cheap when compared to the G80, faster too.

Either way, don't expect it to be cheap. Just because it can be produced for cheaper, doesn't mean that Nvidia and ATI will sell it for a lot less money. A 7900GT is a very very solid card, and will surely last you till vista when you can use the G80's since Windows XP doesn't even support DX10, I'm not sure why Nvidia is rushing these out since they can't be used until late 2006/ early 2007 when Vista is released.

Wait, so even if the G80 is out in June, you can't use it because it only runs on Vista? Or do you mean DX10 only runs on Vista, and you have to wait until Vista is out to use DX10 on the G80?

Ill wait for benchmarks, but I will probably go ahead and make the upgrade to the G80. These new games (Oblivion) comming out are already giving non-SLI 7900 series cards a run for its money at max settings at 1280x960 or higher.

Hopefully the G80 can kick *** in Oblivion and UT2007 at max settings without SLI.

john3 said:
Mine? im guessing that cause reggies has some pretty ok specs of a computer. Im gonna change the specs in it soon though, same model for all you to get wood off of, lol. :p

My PC is meh..but I think he's talking about the girl.

Fr3ky, you sig is trippy as **** man!

Just buy a 7900GT right now, everyone is saying wait but by the time you wait you can even wait longer for even a bigger better card. So choose your time when you want to spend money. 7900GTX awesome, G80's sure why not, R600 cool. Then the 9800GT oh yeah those are going to be sweet just wait then buy a PC then. By this time your never goign to buy a PC!!

So screw waiting and spend all yuior money on a beasty computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom