7800GS Pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
Hi,

Is there a proggie that gives detailed info about your GPU? Like the amount of pipes, ROPs etc?

I used Everest with my 6600, and it gave me all those details, but with my new 7800GS it shows nothing. I know the reference 7800 has 16 pixel pipes, but I bought the Gainward Bliss 7800GS with 20 pipes, and I would just like to see whether they really are all there!

Cheers guys!

Thats a bit of a prob, because Rivatuner doesn't support Forceware versions newer than 82.xx, and my graphics card won't revert to anything older that 83.40 (which came standard with the driver CD). Or maybe I just can't figure out how to do it!? I spent a **** of a lot of money on this 20 pipe version of the 7800GS, and I just want to make sure that I'm getting what I payed for! Cheers

Nevermind, I downloaded the new Everest Ultimate 2.8, and it states that all 20 pipes are there, with 7 vertex processors. That makes mine a 7800GS equal to the PCI-e 7800GT! Well, I'm happy, even though it did come with a pretty hefty pricetag! Thanks for everybody's replies!

Where did you buy the the card. I'm thinking of upgrading to the 7800GS as I only have AGP, thx.

The reason your card has 20pipelines because it has 7800gt core instead of the 7800gs one. Gainward uses the 7800gt core instead of gs one.Thats y more pipe lines

-http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30502

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom