Status
Not open for further replies.

Nozz83

Beta member
Hi guys,
I just ordered this from newegg.com
MB nForce2|5P1A4D NF7 ABIT 8X ATX R
CPU AMD|2800/333 ATHLON XP BARTON R
my question is i have 3 sticks of 512 pc2100 ram and i have heard it doesn't work and then i hear it does, I don't have the money right now to buy some 3200 or 2700 can anyone tell me if this will work or not ? or what your experiences have been ? thanks for the help guys

well what u shoudl do is try to find a onlien manual for that. Liek on my mobo it says i can use 2100-2700. So if it says u can then i guess u can... Just make sure there the right pin size.

that ram will work just fine. All ram will work normally with any mobo no matter what the speed. Except the sticks need to be the right type. There will be no problems

Thanks guys i just want this to be temporary until i get 3200 but i have to save up for that

I just heard that cause the bartons are 333 fbs that they don't want to do a post when they first boot up any suggestions

It will work. The cpu will work at 333fsb as it is a completely differn't bus circit. While the ram will run at pc2100 and will create a bottel neck when the north bridge wants data but it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom