New computer system

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeslangley

Baseband Member
Good morning all,

Ive built myself a new system generally for gaming and was wondering what you guys think, any feedback etc.

AMD X2 4200+ CPU ----- at the time of ordering this seemed the most cost effective and performance wise chip..... what you guys think?

ASUS A8N32-SLI deluxe - Got some good reviews this, looked very tasty in the specs.... any one else got this MB.. what reviews have people got to offer?

Club Nvidia 7800 GTX 256meg graphics card - The user reviews from my ordering website gave this card good feedback for general performance and overclocking.... any one else got this card and what feedback have you had ?

I also have a 10k RPM SATA drive but I fail to remember what the manufactorer is.

I benchmarked my old computer at 1900 points on 3dMark05 and yesterday after completing this rebuild in 2 hours (with OS install) I was very happy to receive a score of 8700 roughly.

So far it plays all my games with out issue on full settings.

eeek 4200+, it has terrible cache. and why didnt you just get a 7900GTX? or a 7900 GT?.......its seems good though, not the greatest mid priced build but its good.

john3 said:
eeek 4200+, it has terrible cache. and why didnt you just get a 7900GTX? or a 7900 GT?.......its seems good though, not the greatest mid priced build but its good.

The semperon has terrible L2 cache.
It doesnt have terrible L2 cache it just isnt as good as the 3800+ or 4400+ still a awesome CPU if you ask me.I've fell in love with dual cores, I own a Opteron 170 X2 and 4800 X2. Also the 7800gtx is still nice but isnt as nice as the 7900gtx but cost a little more but still good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom