Front sound port cable too short!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax

Daemon Poster
I've got a DFI Lanparty UT-D mobo, and I put the little onboard sound clip-on thing on it, and it was all fine until I tried to hook up the front audio plugs to it. The cable is way too short. Even when the CPU wasn't installed, it was still too short, and is now even shorter.

Here are some photos of the cable I need to connect:

sound15av.jpg

And one of the place I need to connect it to:

sound29li.jpg

Does anyone know if I could get an extension cable or something for this. Or if a PCI soundcard will let you attach that cable to it, since I'm pretty certain it could reach to a PCI card.

Thanks in advance.

unlicvky mate-i had a problem that my power led was three pins wide, but the mobo only accepted 2. So i had to use the hdled for the pled. Use your imgaination

Yeah, but at least your cable actually reached the place it was supposed to go into. The place where these cables have to plug into is all the way from the front of the case to the very back.

nitestick said:
splicing wires isn't terribly hard.....theres your solution, just extend the wires :/

Can you please explain? I'm not really savvy when it comes to electrical wires and such. The closest I've come to using wires is when I make a couple LAN cables.

just get some wires strip maybe 1cm of insulation at the most from each end, cut the sound cable and strip each side of that in the same manner. take the seperate wires and attach them to each half of the audio cable (obviously matching each half) by twisting the bare wires into each other. make sure all the stripped wires are insulated from each other so they don't short out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom