G80 Dual Core GPU!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't really that hyped for the 7900, mostly because I didn't know it was coming out. The only reason I'm even thinking of getting the G80 is because of DX10. If it only supported DX9 I'd be getting a 7900GT tomorrow.

Have you guys missed my first post? The G80 is only going to have 48 pipes and it's not unified shader. The R600 on the other hand...

RicoDirenzo said:
Your Sig already gave my dog a bone!

Mine? im guessing that cause reggies has some pretty ok specs of a computer. Im gonna change the specs in it soon though, same model for all you to get wood off of, lol. :p

003 said:
Have you guys missed my first post? The G80 is only going to have 48 pipes and it's not unified shader. The R600 on the other hand...

Yeah, but G80 is coming out sooner. Sooner the better for me, I'd rather buy a G80 in June, than wait another half year for R600. If I had anymore spare cash lying around, I would consider it though.

cyrax said:
Yeah, but G80 is coming out sooner. Sooner the better for me, I'd rather buy a G80 in June, than wait another half year for R600. If I had anymore spare cash lying around, I would consider it though.

See... Now i'm not trying to single you out "cyrax" please this is not a flame...

Buy the G80. Great. Now you still have to WAIT until 1st Quarter 2007 to use your new G80 for it's DX10 & VISTA capabilities. Because MS isn't releasing VISTA until 1Q 2007. So you'd have to wait another year anyway to use the card to it's fullest. And any highend card out now, 7900GT / GTX or X1900XT/X can seriously hold you over for at least 8 to 12 months.

Then when VISTA is out and you've upgraded, buy your DX10 card. When it can actually be used to it's fullest. Why have technology now that you can't even use the way it's intended? The first VISTA/DX10 game that is rumored to be available is Crysis. They have slated it for sometime in 1Q 2007.

Sure they have dual cores and sure they have crazy pixel shaders, but i really like "003's" point about the G80 using traditional shader methods and R600 using Unified Shaders. VISTA & DX10 have been built to use unified shaders. I can bet 100% that by the time VISTA/DX10 is available, NVIDIA will have a new card that will use unified shaders and you'll be kicking yourselves in the butt saying, "Why didn't I wait??"

The G80 is launching in June as NVIDIA's way of retaking the "KING of GPU" crown. They will then have the best card on the market. BUT. Come Jan. 07 ATI will have the best card, leaving all those who bought the G80 scratching their heads, because now NVIDIA is ready to release an even better card then ATI's...

So my point will remain. Wait until VISTA & DX10 is loaded in your system, before considering DX10 cards.

Yeah, that is a good point actually.

Now I'm stuck in the predicament of whether to get a high-end card now, or wait til G80, or buy a high-end card and get a new high-end card when 2007 rolls around.

Exactly what ive said in short terms since like january seriously. Not to mention you guys are still forgeting one little point. DX10 isnt even going to come out w/ Vista and youll have wait even longer! Like ive said, get a 7900, kick some *** in games, and when DX10 actualy comes out then kick some more *** w/ the latest and greatest DX10 card. Which will prolly be sometime in a year or more. Not to mention yall are forgetting one little thing as well. Can you say Unreal Engine 3? If you get a 6800GS exactly how are you gonna play max settings and all that blah if even Oblivion is kicking 6800s in the arse. Yea exactly. Get a 7900/X1900 and youll be happy you did. For me, ill stick w/ my 7800GS :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom