hard drive backup help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNiGHTMaRe89

In Runtime
my aunt is having problems with her pc. i took a look at it. after some looking into, i arrived to the conclusion that the clusters in the hard drive have been damaged therefore i have to format it. but there are important documents that need to be saved.

before i go into detail, i should mention it is a Seagate 7200.7 100gb hard drive from a HP pc.

i installed it as a slave on my pc...booted up...at first i was going to save everything on a dvd with Nero Express but i started recieveing errors about Joliet...i remembered this has something to do with file extentions and you cannot change that with Nero Express.

so my next step was to copy and paste everything into one folder and just add it to Nero. Now...theres one problem. XP is loaded on the Seagate. I salvaged all the documents from the other users, BUT it won't let me access the HP_Owner which has the most necessary files.

is there a way to bypass this so i can be able to save the most esstential files from the main user on the pc?

yea thnx...i did what Jeremey said, but there's still a problem. i now can access the main folder, but i keep getting access is Denied when i try to access the subfolders. and i do NOT have XP Home...its XP Pro.

well i would try it, but i am locked out of the main folder again, and simple folder sharing is unchecked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom