Next Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

daytonoh

Baseband Member
Ok, I broke down and bought a premade computer. I was confident in my building skills.
So I bought a Gateway. Dual Pentium etc...
Right now it just has onboard video with the Intel GMA.

I'm hoping to play World of Warcraft, do I need to upgrade to a PCI-E video card? I don't want to spend a lot of cash and I will be later purchasing a PVR card of some sort.

If I do need a card any reccomendation for around 100 bucks. I was think the 6800xt on New Egg. Would spending a little extra for 6600gt be better also how much memorey should the card have?

Find a 6800 series video card w/256mb, and for pci-e.

Make sure your motherboard supports pci-e first though.

daytonoh said:
broke down and bought a premade computer. I was confident in my building skills.
LOL , so you were *confident* in your building skills but got a prebuilt?? :D :D :eek:

Yeah, that should say not so confident. I took apart my old computer thinking ok I'll get an idea of what to do. While I did fix a few things that never worked on it, I realized I was in over my head trying to figure out what wire go where.

I do have a PCI-Ex16 slot. I opened up and the case and made sure. I removed the modem that was in a PCI slot and put in a ethernet card. Like a moron I realized it already had one after I did it.

So if I get the 6800 card with 256, Do I just slap it in the slot or is there something else I need to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom