New Conroe PI Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
cvb724 said:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=95021

this is insane. without any OCing at all. i cannot wait for these babies. i got 1:06 on mine right now lol piece of crap

it beats amd at everything as expected. and its only the 2.4GHz. i dunno what the EE will do!

mods im not sure if this is the place for this :)

It also has twice the L2 cache then anything else on the market. So, it's not really a fair statement to make against anything AMD has available right now.

Wait until AMD has something similar in specs, then make comparisons.

Wow. 6600+ on 3Dmark06 with a 7800gt!! Yikes!!! Faster than my rig wiht an oc'd 7900GT by 1000!!! I'm sold!

Re: Re: New Conroe PI Test

HAVOC2k5 said:
It also has twice the L2 cache then anything else on the market. So, it's not really a fair statement to make against anything AMD has available right now.

Wait until AMD has something similar in specs, then make comparisons.

but it only has 1GB ram and his had 2x1 gig DC and the ram makes a difference in how fast it goes. plus it isnt the extra cache since its 2x2 now, its the Core architecture driving it. it has the 14 short pipelines that move blazing fast as well as the cache

lol wow that sux. july could not come faster. or im thinking i'll wait until the EE version comes out and get that

k well PI is 3.14 etc u know the circle thing. its an infinite number so u can calculate it forever. so this uses ur cpu to test its power

an fx-60 oc'd to 2.8 is getting about 30 seconds i think. ppl can correct me if im wrong.

so 21 seconds on intels midrange chip is just insanity

ppl r guessing that the OC'd conroe EE will get like 14 seconds but thats all pure speculation. the japanese super computer (the current champion) is going at around 5-6 seconds at 1 million digits now. it has been able to get up to something like 4.26 billion numbers so far. as it is an infinite number

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/126

u can test ur cpu too!

wait wat? how does it calculate? is it how long it takes or how many numbers it can get in a certain amount of time or waT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom