AM2 to wait or not to wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
meefle said:
maybe we should just blow up every intel building in the world....

lol jp i agree with nitestick.. AMD does need intel and Intel needs AMD. Think about it, if there was only one company, what would push them to get better tech? nothin... compitition is good but in the end we need AMD to be ahead. I'm waitin till feb 07 to get my AM2 setup so hopefully the bugs will be gone.

No we don't. There is only one thing that AMD can do, that may make up for sales loss, and that is to be cheaper for more performance than Intel, like the original AMD's.

I still do not agree with Nitestick, the whole point of competition is drive your component out of the "game". If given the oppurtunity, Intel would surely run AMD of the CPU charts. In the past few years AMD had a huge advantage over Intel's CPUs, but now Intel, with alot more cash in reserves and more production power, has the capability to compete on the same scale with AMD. This is surely an unbalance and it will surely hurt AMD.

if AMD had more resources to work with it would be a much more fair fight as of now. thats Intels advantage now is that if they use the conroes plus their massive bank account, they will crush AMD.

and Intel does not need AMD at all i agree with boarder. the only reason they are coming out with faster and better cpu's right now is to win the competition. but intel or amd wouldnt lose a penny if the other were out. in fact they would gain more. even if chips stayed at the same tech ppl would buy them cuz they have to

well you cannot say amd is not moving up at all.. check out the earnings from tody... they blew away the market pulling off huge gains... also they are having a "52 week high"

amd is moving up whether intel likes it or not

Market, Schmarket, Apple went up 20 points after they reveiled the first Intel powered, macs and then they quickyl went back down to where they were before the 20 points.

AMD will be crushed unless they can provide a better offering that is faster or as fast as it's Intel counterpart while being cheaper. They surely can't face Intel when both CPUs are in the same ballpark, because Intel has wayy better resources.

jeez you guys need to take a history class. AMD has been further behind in the market than this.......a lot further behind. THEY WILL NOT DIE BECAUSE OF ONE PRODUCT. the nature of competition requires that there will be a competitor. prove me wrong here (i just woke up so i can't think of any) but name me an industry in which one manufacturer has the sole monopoly. a single product will not eliminate a manufacturer that has 20%+ market share. AMD may be poor by comparison to Intel but they are not poor by any standard. if anyone actually knows how AMD came to the forefront they'll know it will be easier for them to do it again

Well AMD certainly won't be going up. Its like Anandtech reported; No one's going to buy AMD processors anymore after Conroe, 2006 is painted blue. AMD says that it'll be in 2007 that they bring major architectural changes (which is what they need to take on Conroe). All Intel has to do is execute Conroe on schedule, and its done.

i think amd need to start advertising. intel has had commercials on every tv station since i can remember. and look where it put them. they had WAY worse chips and yet they were STILL selling on par with amd if not more chips. they have excellent marketing skills since most ppl dont know nearly as much as we do about computers and just go with what they see. dell, gateway, mdg and now apple have sided with intel not only because of their great deals but because most ppl know intel and will buy it no matter what.

The Conroe is far superior to the AM2, i could see this coming ever since i saw the benchmark of the Conroe and the FX-60.

i'm sorry but how can you tell that the Conroe (unreleased) is superior to AM2 (unreleased)? the FX-60 is a Revison E s939 processor not an AM2 socket processor. people seem to keep missing the point of why i started this thread. you can not be sure of future technology until it has been released. please stop talking about things as "truth" when they as of yet are not even available to the public. i am starting to sound like a broken record here but i don't mind you offering your opinions but could you at least throw in some words such as "seems like" so that you don't sound like prejudiced fan boys. it is apparent that conroe may be better than anything AMD has to offer but don't chalk this up as a fact until both technologies are available and it can be verified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom