ATI AGP 9200 SERIES
300GB SATA HDD
---------------------------------
I am looking new...
ram
cpu
graphics
mobo

I want this to last me along time! I know there are new things coming out like the am2,windows vista etc, would i be better waiting?

If not can yous recomend somthing around £1000

I built my machine 2 years ago and i havnt been keeping track of everything new coming out, things like motherboards holding 16gb ram!!!!
:amazed: Anyway, help me out if you can!

thanks

Well with £1000 you can buy an awesome gaming rig. Buy from www.ebuyer.com www.scan.co.uk or www.overlcockers.co.uk these are the best and cheapest places in UK. AMD processors have just increased in price by 2-4% on the 10th april so you going to have to pay a little bit more but only like £15. Look on those three websites. See how much the fx-60 is i think its £710 inc vat or sumthing around there. so that way to much maybe the 4800+. depending on whether you want SLi or crossfire will depend on what mobo u get. Either a dfi or an asus board would be very good. Just have a look around and post back what you find.

Don't get an FX60 or X2 4800. If you don't OC then get an AMD X2 3800 and if you do, get the Opteron 165. You should get at least 1 GB of ram. For the graphics, get a 7900 GT, and for the Mobo, DFI Ultra-D is your best bet.

Opteron 165
G. Skill 2x1Gb PC3200 or PC4000
eVGA or XFX 7900GT
Antec Truepower 2.0 550w
DFI Nforce4 Ultra-D

That's ~ £650

You still need a case, hardrive, optical drive, mouse, speakers, keyboard and monitor I'm assuming, but those are of your preference so that's up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom