Chipset Manufacturers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tymetwister

Baseband Member
I'll be buying a new motherboard soon, and I'm trying to decide the best chipset manufacturer to go with. There really isn't much help online about this (at least, I didn't find any) so I'm wondering about some opinions.

Basically, the system is going to run the Athlon 64 3200, not sure about the video card yet. The PC will be used for some heavy gaming, but not strictly limited to gaming.

I'm -thinking- that the nVidia nForce4 would be the way to go... but can anyone make a case for another chipset? Or is the nForce4 simply the best out there?

Also any links to any PC websites who have performed tests or benchmarks of different chipsets would be really helpful...

Thanks guys!

I havent noticed a difference in different chipsets but Ive found Nforce to do a good job of things.

Tymetwister said:
I'll be buying a new motherboard soon, and I'm trying to decide the best chipset manufacturer to go with. There really isn't much help online about this (at least, I didn't find any) so I'm wondering about some opinions.

Basically, the system is going to run the Athlon 64 3200, not sure about the video card yet. The PC will be used for some heavy gaming, but not strictly limited to gaming.

I'm -thinking- that the nVidia nForce4 would be the way to go... but can anyone make a case for another chipset? Or is the nForce4 simply the best out there?

Also any links to any PC websites who have performed tests or benchmarks of different chipsets would be really helpful...

Thanks guys!
There should be plenty of information on the Internet about chipsets and the individual models. However, you may need to go to the actual manuf. websites to get the most accurate information.

There aren't many chipsets manufacturers out there, and the selection entirely depends on what kind of hardware you're going to be using with the mainboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom