DFI Lanparty UT-D and UV Cold Cathodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax

Daemon Poster
Ok, first off, I wanna get some UV cold cathodes so that my DFI Lanparty UT-D's special UV cables and slots and stuff will light up. I'm not an expert at cold cathodes and I know nothing about UV.

So, is UV an actual colour? Because I want to also put some blue cold cathodes into my case, but I don't want a purple colour as well.

Lastly, do cold cathodes suck up that much power? My system has a x2 4400+, 7900GT, three optical drives, one floppy, and two 120mm fans. I have a 535W PSU. Could I add two blue cold cathodes and two UV ones without needing more power?

a couple of cathodes shouldn't take more than say 8-10w mostly from the 12v rail. UV itself is not a colour of visible light but the cathodes we use to emit some purple in the visible spectrum. mosyl the purple can only be seen if you look at the cathode itself. i don't think using UV and blue will work very effectively because the cables etc are already lit up they won't glow much. blue cathodes do work fairly effectively with the DFI UT stuff anyway.

UV CC is like a black light but in a cathode form and size :confused:

If you just hide the UV CC, the DFI will glow yellow, and if you have UV sleevings they will glow that color so its all good!

Oh ok, but I also want some blue neon light coming out of the window of my case, like the neon fan at the front of it.

Do you think I'll have enough power connectors for four CCs?

Nah, it sounds logical to me. The brightess of the blue light will most likely erase the effect of the UV light on the UV reactive cables.

I think I might just end up getting two blue CCs and sticking them on the top and bottom of my case.

Thanks nitestick, you've been a real help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom