Installing a graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_dee101

Baseband Member
Hi, I just recieved my Geforce 6600 256MB AGP card this morning, however it needs to recieve power directly from the PSU through a 4-pin cable. Well for starters the cable is too short, but thats not the main problem, the main problem is that the PSU is in a case, and from what i can see all the wires coming out of it to power the drives etc are coming out through a small hole. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but i'm really not sure what to do here. The cable has 1 socket at 1 end and 2 at the other. Also is it possible to buy a longer cable in most PC shops? Any help would be brilliant. Thanks

See if there are any extra 4 Pin molex plugs that are free. There should be one for an extra harddrive. If this does not work, get a splitter for your cd drives and use a dedicated plug for the card.

I recently installed a GeForce 6800 GS 256 AGP into my computer.. The card itself shipped with a power extension cable which I connected to the power cable that connected to my hard drive. It then reached over to the graphics card.

Be very careful what power cable you plug into the graphics card though because you could blow something if you cable it incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom