Graphics Card Overspeed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazzer3

In Runtime
Hi Guys,

I was playing NFS:MW, and the game speed seems to go far too high, and it is impossible to control, and use. Its as if the framerate goes far higher than its meant to, causing impossible gameplay.

I was wondering if anyone knows of an issue and solution, (6800GS).

Thanks a lot,

Charlie -

Wow, never heard of a game going faster than desired ;)

I think enabling Vsync should solve this, as it limits the FPS at a certain limit. This sounds like an odd "treatment", but sometimes if the FPS are too high, the game will run faster than it should.

There is still the problem even tho I've turned on Vsync, its incredibly annoying, and makes it impossible to play...!?

Yea it does that on mine too at some times. And it tends to jump frams everyonce and awhile. I think this is a common "problem", if you will.

Are you playing online? I get something like that every once and a while. it's almost as if it lags... stops.... then pushes everything out at once to clear the "buffer" so to speak... but that is my internet connection. Nothig to do with my confuser...

Thanks for all the ideas, I updated my nVidia drivers and now everything runs beautifully.

It was amusing, I went on San Andreas and it was at least 8x the speed it was meant to be, it was ridiculous, now everything is brilliant.

Thanks guys.

Its funny, I updated my drivers and it helped a lot, but still occasionally on San Andreas in particular but only sometimes, and if I restart my computer its fine...! Does anyone have any idea?

I had this before, you see you have a X2 cpu .. same here. I downloaded the microsoft dual core patch (also available from AMD i think) and problem solved.If you can find it, should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom