graphics cards 6600GT or 6600 (or lower)

Status
Not open for further replies.
high performance compared to my geforce4 420MX

its all relative heheh

yeah sorry about putting in the wrong section. was late night here at the bottom of the planet.

I've changed my mind yet again, looking at this one:

galaxy tech 6600GT

a friend of mine has it, says its quite good, and he cannot hear the fan over his quiet enermax psu (which is what i have also in this one). He also casually mentioned he would sell for $200. (again NZ dollars which would be US$130 roughly)

Yay, a fellow NZer. :)

I'd get this card:
http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=3049

The 6600GT Silencer is good, but one with a fan will have better performance. So unless you have noise over performance in your priority list, I'd go for that one. It's only $20 over your budget too.

If you need to look for any other kind of components, go to www.pricespy.co.nz if you haven't already. It shows all the cheapest places in NZ to buy things.

this is the 6600GT one that is $233 ($NZ => US$150)

galaxytech

http://www.c1com.co.nz/shop/step1.php?number=4645

This is the same one my mate has got, so $200 is a bit high to sell for second hand. He says its very quiet, can't hear it above his powersupply while not gaming.

and yup, looked thru pricespy, quite good. i get most stuff of c1com.

gO with 6600gt or 6800gs any of those are good.I would personaly go with a 6800gs they perform well.My son has them in Sli and they run so smooth by themselves.He also has same CPU as you they are great for overclocking if you ever thought about it.His is at 2.4GHz.The venice core runs so fr34king cool.
And you want a VGA cooling fan.Better performance, also How is your case airfloew and wire management, Iam saying this becuase there will be alot more heat in your case.

Just pay $30 extra for an XFX card, it's a better brand.

c1com is okay, but just don't try to ring them up and ask them about anything. I asked a guy to sent me some recommendations for some good ram since the ram I was after wasn't in stock, and he never replied. In the end, I just got a refund and dealt with someone else.

I ordered my mobo and PSU off them though, as long as you do it wholly online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom