Would my rig run BF2142 and F.E.A.R?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
I've recently upgraded my gfx card to a ATI Radeon 9800 PRO, 128mb.
I'm soon getting a x1gb stick on OCZ ram, with another 1gb following in about 2 months. And getting rid of my generic value ram.
With those updated Specs, also x2 200gb HDD's, 7200rpm. Would my computer be able to easily run F.E.A.R and bf2142?? And if so on what settings do you think?

Thanks.

i'm not sure about the video card, beucase i'm not familiar with ati's as well as nvidias, but once you up the ram i'd say you'd be able to run them on medium settings. some one else back me up though i'm not quite sure.

How would you define easily, low-med settings possibly...

**Your sig is huge, only 8 lines on regular size, and 14 on size 1 i believe

There it's been edited.
Well my Nvidia FX5200.. can run BF2 on low settings without lag... so im guessing that a 9800 PRO could run them on AT LEAST Medium, if not medium - High.
I don't really know about F.E.A.R though because it is a new game and ive never played it.

You could even flash your 9800pro to a 9800XT if its an R360 core. That's what i did with my 9800pro until someone stole it :amazed:

Yeah looks mad... anyway a bit off subject.
How would I flash my 9800 PRO to an XT? and would i notice a massive performance increase, also would it say in the specs in the instruction manual or on the box what core it has?

No, you have to flash the bios...Taking a floppy putting a 9800XT bios on it and a flasrom program. Boot from the floppy write like something flashrom -9800XT.rom and it should turn the bios into a 9800XT.

1) Make sure you have an R360 core
2) Make sure your card can run at 9800XT speeds
3) Get some better cooling

hmm sounds extremely complicated.... what other gfx card coolers are available? and how much would they cost? is there a sticky thread somewhere which explains exactly how to flash a gfx card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom