Win Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

techzone

Baseband Member
Hi everyone, My pc is three years old. Last night I was editing videos & my pc restared several times.Then, when I see the windows bootup logo pc restarts again. I tired to install windows but in the middle of installation it showed me a blue sreen of warning "installation stopped because of hardware problem" something like this. I am useing Ubuntu linux now. Ran ubuntu 8 hours no problem at all. I don't know whats wrong with windows installtion. Tried two different win install disc no luck. Don't know what to do. Pls help me out thanks.

My Pc #

Intel P4 -3.4ghz HT
1gb Ram PC3200
Ati Radeon 9800 Pro
80gb Drive
Sony dvd Burner
Liteon DVD Rom
480w Power Supply

Harddrive problem. You said you were running Ubuntu Linux if I am not mistaken that is a Linux OS that runs from a CD and not the HD. Boot into the Windows Recovery Console and run a chkdsk. Report any problem with bad sector, sometime the HD can be so messed up you'll probably have to get a new one and reinstall Windows.

I installed Ubuntu & its running for my hard drive. I bought a WD drive just to solve this problem but didn't worked. Thanks

Re:

Law said:
Harddrive problem. You said you were running Ubuntu Linux if I am not mistaken that is a Linux OS that runs from a CD and not the HD. Boot into the Windows Recovery Console and run a chkdsk. Report any problem with bad sector, sometime the HD can be so messed up you'll probably have to get a new one and reinstall Windows.

Hello :D,

Ubuntu can be booted both either from a live CD, or from an installation of the OS on the Hard Drive.

So just to make it clear...you tried installing windows again (after the problem occured), but was confronted by a blue screen...?

Here's what I would do to try and reinstall Windows. Take out any unecessary hardware and just leave the CPU,RAM,Vidcard,HD,CD/dvd drive, mouse and keyboard. If you have buildin sound and network card make sure to disable them in BIOS or take them off the slot. Try from there and see how it goes, you can always install the hardware later after you are able to load Windows into the desktop.

Law said:
Is your Windows cd scratch up?

No .. Clean win install cd... Tried two win cds didn't worked.

So just to make it clear...you tried installing windows again (after the problem occured), but was confronted by a blue screen...?

Yes I tried to install win like 50 times got the same blue screen message.

Here's what I would do to try and reinstall Windows. Take out any unecessary hardware and just leave the CPU,RAM,Vidcard,HD,CD/dvd drive, mouse and keyboard. If you have buildin sound and network card make sure to disable them in BIOS or take them off the slot. Try from there and see how it goes, you can always install the hardware later after you are able to load Windows into the desktop.

I tried this step got the same error message.

I also did the memtest for 24min. it didn't find any errors.

Pls help me out. Really don't know whats wrong with me pc. Ubuntu works & windows doesn't.

I agree with a ram issuse or maybe I thknk your boot of your drive may be screwed up and that is your hardware issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom