Got old Comp from one Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdar

Daemon Poster
Yestuday one of our friends gived me her old comp, which didnt work for some time (probobly HD). Well so she have laptop and her old comp wasnt really needed to her.

Comp is pretty old, I guess. I not sure... But I think it was builded in like 1999-2000.

I guess only thing that I will keep will be case. There some other stuff...

NVIDIA Riva TNT2 Model 64 video card

(AUB-008) CREATIVE LABS Creative Ensonic PCI Sound Card
(CT4810 model)

Some card for ethernet

and some 300W Power Supply

There also Mobo (made by some Acord) and CPU (AMD Althon 1999 :D... some AMD-K765 or some like that)
and CYBER Cooler Ball
http://a763.g.akamai.net/7/763/1644/v109/app.infopia.com/img/image/fp/VPID/2082869/img109/img.jpg

1999 isnt old, you should see my friends old PC from 1994, with no OS.

i think thats a pretty good video card for that age though!

With Computer's, 1999 is just about ANCIENT....

However, you can still use that PC to surf the web, and file storage... Gaming would be a NO-GO though... I would install a Linux distro on it.

Avalanch3 said:
use it as a file server :)

I was kind of thinking of this as well.

PS.. I dont really did it before.. do you know where get some info on making server?

Kdar said:
I was kind of thinking of this as well.
Use what Linux I guess better?

PS.. I dont really did it before.. know where get some info?

can you please re-phrase that all please haha....the only part i understand is "I was kind of thinking of this as well."

install ubuntu linux its a good noob linux distro if you like it try the others. just use its current hd for the OS and inverst $30 in a new one for file storage. to set the HD up as a network drive just post on the ubuntu forums they'll walk you through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom