need for speed keeps freezing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gust_nul said:
whats the best card make by the way?

eVGA
xfx
BFG

Can't go wrong with any of those brand's,Also why are you going with 1.5 gig's of ram? 1 gig will do you fine,no need to waste money when you can put it toward's your vid card ;)

Juice Daddy said:
doesn't take nearly as much to run that game... (next gen stuff = godfather and nfsmw)

also... you have an ati card now?

make sure you remove all the ati drivers before installing an nvidia card

would nvidia be the best of the bunch?

the 6600gt is the cheapest "good" card you can get ~ $100 - $130

the 6800gs is the "bang for the buck" card... but it costs more...
~ $170 - $220

edit:

keep in mind, you get what you pay for... my 6600gt has definately payed for itself (and that was back when I bought it for $180)

edit again:

in the 6 series, Nvidia is better than ati

ok and also, im thinking of upgrading to 64bit so what socket would i need? you say the AGP is going out soon???

lol, soon

it's already gone... the last great card they made for agp was the 7800gs

if you plan to get a new motherboard... you might as well be buying a new system..

you will have to get compatable ram, processor/heatsink, and possibly a compatable psu...

if gameing is your main priority now...

two options would be to upgrade the whole system then get a shiny new PCI-E card...

or save a ton of $ and instead get a decent AGP card... (then consider updateing the rest of the system later)

yeah you see i dont actually know if im going to stick to gaming, i usually end up getting tired of it so im not sure yet. I would have an idea if i could actually place the game without it freezing!!
But yeah, i might see about selling this pc now.
How much you recon it would be worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom