cleaning motherboard in dishwasher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work for a circuit board assembly plant that made microprocessor based controllers. After the components are placed on the boards and the board was run through a wave solder machine, a sticky coating of rosin is left on the board. These boards were then run thorough commercial dishwashers.

However, the detergent used was not regular dishwasher detergent. It was a special detergent designed for that purpose, a detergent that dissolves the rosin on the board. Board washing after wave soldering was a very common way to clean the circuit boards.

Electrical circuit boards CAN be washed in a dishwasher. So your teacher is not a moron as suggested here. He probably knows more than most of the people answering this thread. LOL!

-Target

Re: Re: cleaning motherboard in dishwasher?

stan-the-man said:
This is as far as i go,are you kidding.And just to think i get PM's from the Super Mods.
:beard:
ummmm......
does someone know what he means?

how bout sticking the video card and RAM in there too

Target said:
I used to work for a circuit board assembly plant that made microprocessor based controllers. After the components are placed on the boards and the board was run through a wave solder machine, a sticky coating of rosin is left on the board. These boards were then run thorough commercial dishwashers.

However, the detergent used was not regular dishwasher detergent. It was a special detergent designed for that purpose, a detergent that dissolves the rosin on the board. Board washing after wave soldering was a very common way to clean the circuit boards.

Electrical circuit boards CAN be washed in a dishwasher. So your teacher is not a moron as suggested here. He probably knows more than most of the people answering this thread. LOL!

-Target

we don't know whether this teacher is using that detergent

It would answer the question we have been dying to know for years...... what happens when u put a motherboard in the dishwasher. Im sure the results will be interesting ;)

:amazed:

i can't believe the teacher even though about that,
i mean how the .... did the teacher gat the job!!!

so whats next, put it in the microwave so it dry!!!

lol @#@!$@$$

Generally speaking, the only time water is really dangerous to electronic components is when there's power running through them. A drop of water is enough to short any live circuit.

But as long as the pressure doesn't blast any of the transistors or anything off, and the heat doesn't melt any of the chips, it should be fine. Soap should be fine too.

My grade 9 computer teacher even allowed us to bring drinks into the lab, just as long as there was no sugar in them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom