Screw Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
All i have to say is dont people realize that M$ has been spying on us since Windows 95? I mean come on. Why do you think the US govt was so happy when Windows took the front spot. M$ made some back yard deals with the Gvot to allow them to snoop around your PC without us knowing it.

The same thing can be said of any product though. How are we to know what Firefox collects in their info? Has anyone ever checked all their code? Dont get all upset when M$ does this. **** if you had 60,000 people who salary you had to pay you would do something like this also. Would you really want to lose Millions of $$ a year to piracy? I doubt you would....

That isnt what they're trying to do. There is always going to be piracy whether MS likes it or not. The day after that comes out ppl will have uploaded a million hacks to shut down that prog.

And windows 95 did not have anything like that because it's illegal. at least right now. everyone had dial-up those days and MS could never get into anything.

Luckily the canadian gov will never go with that so I'm ok. we can still legally use p2p :). thank you supreme court!

cvb724 said:
no way. im buying their product and keeping them in business so its my right

So dont buy their product?!?

There is Linux and Apple out there. But seriously who cares? Dont keep personal stuff on your PC and you wont have a problem. Nothing on my computer has my name on it. Even my Profile ahs the same name i use here. So if they want to go after someone named Makaveli213 they can. Wont find a real person.

Kimmy i understand where you are coming from but there was a way for them to know. It was with the Windows updates when it checked your system it gathered info. Not many people knew about it since the net was still new and it was a back door deal with the govt at that time. Very few people realized what was happening.

Makaveli213 said:
It was with the Windows updates when it checked your system it gathered info. Not many people knew about it since the net was still new and it was a back door deal with the govt at that time. Very few people realized what was happening.

no proof, no care

show me network logs of this and ill believe you.

if linux ever decide to get more user friendly, I will be done with microsuck. Macs are too expensive

xandros is supposed to be a windows clone. i have a box setup here at work but thats as far as I got. i should prolly pickup a linux sysadmin book.

csamuels said:
xandros is supposed to be a windows clone. i have a box setup here at work but thats as far as I got. i should prolly pickup a linux sysadmin book.

I'm downloading it right now

Makaveli213 said:
All i have to say is dont people realize that M$ has been spying on us since Windows 95? I mean come on. Why do you think the US govt was so happy when Windows took the front spot. M$ made some back yard deals with the Gvot to allow them to snoop around your PC without us knowing it.

The same thing can be said of any product though. How are we to know what Firefox collects in their info? Has anyone ever checked all their code? Dont get all upset when M$ does this. **** if you had 60,000 people who salary you had to pay you would do something like this also. Would you really want to lose Millions of $$ a year to piracy? I doubt you would....
you are talking about

advapi32.dll

or isthere a larger outrage in this game I'm not aware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom