How to make Windows Media Player a default player ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumik

In Runtime
K, my windows media player was always my default player. Now I bught Ipod Video and Installed Itunes with Qucktime Player and now any movies that I want to open online open up in Quicktime player. If I brwose some car forums and someone posted a video and I click on it it opens in Quicktime. Now how can I change it ? I use Mozilla Firefox.

right click on a video file. the click on 'open with...' but make sure its the one with the dots and not the arrow. then search the list and click on windows media player. then make sure the box to make this the default player is checked

if that doesnt switch it u can go to Firefox -> Tools -> Options -> then click the download tab. click on view/edit actions at the bottom. then go down the list and see which video files are associated and click change actions. then switch it to windows media player

I did all of that before, never helped me.
Set the file that was downloaded to Open With WMP. File opens in WMP when downloaded but when browsing and opening in Firefox it still opens the files in Quicktime. All the files are set to open with WMP in Firefox in the options. And also set Select all files in WMP.
Did that before i posted the question cuz it never helped me.
I reinstalled WMp and Quicktime as well.

Click the "Start button"
Click "Set program access and defaults"
Click "Custom"
Under "Choose a default Media Player"
Click "Windows Media Player".

Should do the trick.
If that doesn't work there's always format C:

Its amazing how many different ways there is to do this! I have another.
Go to the control panel and open add/remove programs. On the left side are options dealing with MS programs. Click Program Access and Default. Next click "custom' and you will find choices for the default in three or four catagories, including media player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom