graphics cards 6600GT or 6600 (or lower)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsyed

Baseband Member
at the moment, i have these parts for my upgrade:

dfi-lanparty ultra -d
athlon64 3200+ venice core
enermax 420Watt psu
2 x 512MB ddr400 geil value ram
1 x 160GB seagate sata
1 x 120Gb seagate pata
philips 190x5 19'' lcd
optical drives

the case i will be putting these in
saturn cetus case (in nz dollars)

now i'm predominantly into doing some video editing, and putting dvd's together, internet and visual studio programming. my current system is based on athlon xp2100+ with a geforce4 420mx, so i'm very limited for games. However, i want to get a an okay video card so that i can play some of the newer first person shooters on reasonable graphics settings.( by newer, i mean over the last 2 years or so), my budget will stretch to around $NZ240 so the top graphics card i could get would be 6600GT. What i want to know, is that what sort of games could i play reasonably well with this card, and well also, with the 6600 and below. Just want an indication of the range of games i could play, as i have not played many games at all.

One of my pet hates is very hot components, and at same time very noisy fans = so passive cooling that works effectlively would be great.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

what is meant by vanilla? is that just the base 6600 model?

for example this
asus 6600

i like this cuz it doesn't have a fan.

what are some good first person shooters that i could play with that graphics card? h

i have the 6600 gt 256 mb and i can play all games pretty good im happy with it. iv had it for bout 5 month with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom