Great my new monitor sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
I just got a new 19 inch dell lcd. I can see a dead pixles all over the place and it seems to ghost in games. Here is a question how do I get an exact number of dead pixels because the policy says like 8. And here is another quesiton dell say I have an 8 ms monitor and 700:1 contrast ration. Well how do I actually check this so I know there not ripping me off and giving me a different panel.

Thanks

hmmm....I can remember where i found it but theres a test that you can run and it will display a set of diffrent colors.

Ive never had a monitor with dead pixels. Tell them its unaccepable and you want it replaced.

I think the warrenty only covers over 3 pixels, but the way your describing theres bound to be more.

Im returing it. This monitor sucks. And of course Im talking to some Indian lady that has no idea what im talking about or how to do anything because I keep getting put on hold. I will never buy anything from dell again.

Saint71 said:
I just got a new 19 inch dell lcd. I can see a dead pixles all over the place and it seems to ghost in games. Here is a question how do I get an exact number of dead pixels because the policy says like 8. And here is another quesiton dell say I have an 8 ms monitor and 700:1 contrast ration. Well how do I actually check this so I know there not ripping me off and giving me a different panel.

Thanks
Determining the number of dead pixels involves simply counting them. Picking a solid black or white background should help them show up more easily.

As for ghosting, ghosting is mainly caused by the refresh delay of the monitor, measured in milliseconds (ms). For gaming, you shouldn't use an LCD that runs any higher than 12ms.

The ghosting can also be caused by running the LCD at an incorrect resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom