not exactly sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozzobrain

Solid State Member
this is a pretty broad quesiton but recently i moved my computer into my basement and at the same time purchased some games and started to play them now for no reason that i can see my computer after running for a while just acts like i pushed the restart button it freaks out and starts restarting over and over i shut it off and turn it on and its fine but then shuts down again after a while can someone help

Do you have a stable power outlet in your Basement? if your comp is getting realy dirty power form the outlet, i assume that may cause your issue.

and it doesnt sound like it... but viruses could make your computer go into an infinate restart loop. but it doenst realy sound like thats your prob.

if your not shur... perhaps you should move your comp back upstares and run it for a while off a diferent power outlet and see if it has the same prob.

thanks didnt think about that some home routed power plugs probably arent a good idea thanks agina

i doubt thats the case , random restarts are usally caused by bad driver/hardware , by default settings windows is set to restart on a bsod and bsod logs are saved to c:\windows\minidump rar/zip all files in it and upload to http://www.upload2.net provide the link and ill analyze the most recent logs and tell you whats the troublemaker

Do you know what kind of temperatures the components are reaching?? Could possible be a heat issue... but that wouldn't really explain the restart-loop.

i think i figured it out the psu i was using had connections that were loose and i also removed the cold cathode and no more problems a little akward but idk works

don't put your pc's tower against a wall, at least leave some space for the hot air to spread out so it wont overheat

and make sure theres no spyware, virus in your computer

also if u turn off the pc's main power and unplug EVERYTHING u can open the case and clean the dust from inside so it wont overheat

usually when people's pc restart its either overheating or spyware messing your system up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom