Trouble on first boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

akachun

Solid State Member
Putting together a computer. On first start, there is nothing on the screen and no beeping noise. All fans runs.
Rechecked connections. Later, I swapped the PSU from a 450W to 600W (both new units). Result the same.
Two things I have not check - memory (any possible way to check if defective or not) and CPU (Another person placed the CPU onto MOB. I forgot to check before placing the heatsink onto it.)
One thing that really bothers me is this little light (above the memory slots-denoted with "LED8") that lites up on the MOB. I can't seem to find any information about it on the manual or on the web.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks ahead.

ECS 915P-A rev:1.1
P4 2.8GHz
ati radeon x850xt
patriot 512MB PC2 4200 DDR2
maxtor 300GB SATA150
Enermax 450W

Reset the bios. Check my sticky on how to. Try stripping everything but the essentials to boot. Next step would be to RMA the motherboard.

did you connect the 4pin plug to the mobo?
the video card have a 6pin pci-e power connector did you connect the plug to it?

The light above the ram is good. it telling you that the motherboard is recieving power. Check your graphics card connection. And possibly your hard drive. It possible it is the ram so download mem test and put it on a bootable floppy. It will tell you if there are any problems. If it does then get and rma or return the ram if its in warrenty for the same product or different your choice. but dont go cheap on ram it will hurt you in the long wrong. I found that out the hard way and had to return some bad ram i got from patriot. GOOD LUCK!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom