Do you think this is worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
I am looking for a very cheap laptop and I am looking at this right now (Compaq Presario M2105us). I am just going to be using this for surfing the net and adjusting the MAPPING on my four wheeler not a very demanding program do you think that it is worth it to buy, found one used for under $150

checking the specs now.. will get back to you

also if i get you'r message right, you'r talking about one of the old compaq models laptop, which has an over-heating problem.. so isn't it just easier to buy a normal GPS?

Copied from here
Strengths: Price,keyboard,monitor.
Weaknesses: A little large,battery life.
Summary: Its a very nice laptop for the money. First get rid of alot of the extra software that comes pre installed. Next get atleast another 256mb of ram, make sure it is compatable with this laptop, and an xtra battery would be nice. The monitor is very clear and bright,and I really like the full size keyboard it has a very nice feel to it. The laptop is extremely quiet and just gets a little warm on your lap, but definitely not uncomfortable. Overall I am very happy with it and would highly recommend it.

Someone who bought it... as he says the battery life is short, and as I said already, gets warm pretty quick so its just a matter of physical state of the computer, if you see it looks preserved go for it

but i'll ask again, why don't you just go for a GPS If all you want is a mapping device?

Ohh, that part i haven't noticed.. but still it doesnt changes what i said, if the PC looks preserved >> Go for it, but it has some problems which you should know ahed. [not fatal problems but if the computer wasn't well preserved they can turn out fatal]

Well I am not going to worry about the heat problem that it has and with the MAPPING a GPS isn't going to help me in any way I have a Cannondale and it is fuel injected and the MAPPING is going in to the computer it has on it and changing how much fuel the engine gets and that sort of thing, has nothing to do with a GPS

AMD, I was sure you were talking about a map-ing device as in maps XD Sorry, my bad.. well in this case, yep worth it.. just make sure its a preserved computer and not a half dead one ;)

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom