Windows XP Professional Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4A1

Daemon Poster
I have Win XP Professional. I just reinstalled the OS and reformatted my hard drive, maybe a week ago. Everything works fine, except:

when I leave my computer on to download overnight, it freezes on me for no reason. (I use Azureus).

when I'm not downloading, it sometimes freezes if the computer has been for a while (maybe a day or so)... It also happens sometimes when I'm browsing the web or whatever, my mouse would move, then everything would stop, and my Netgear PC card lights would stop blinking :(

I have a laptop, it's a HP Pavilion zv6000.. and I bought a Targus Notebook Pad to keep it cool (2 fans). I don't know what the problem is. I doubt its a virus because it happened to me before I even started to install anything. I've checked for spyware/adware/viruses anyway, still nothing. Any ideas?

It doesn't happen that frequently in a span of a day, but after a week, it can get on my nerves. Any ideas? Thanks.

** If you need anymore information, let me know. Ill be happy to get it.

I can check when I get home, right now I'm at my University's computer lab.

Anymore suggestions? Thanks.

So it froze again yesterday, and I did update the Java. Any more ideas? Please help, this is getting severely annoying :(

Are you sure its not overheating from the CPU heatsink/fan not working correctly?

I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure its working correctly. No reason not to believe it... its a fairly new laptop.

Techtim: no adware/spyware... this happened a few times even before I downloaded anything, etc.

Turn off any sleep mode settings for when you have the laptop plugged in. I have seen that lock up laptops.

I have my laptop settings to Always on. It's plugged in, and nothing turns off, the screen doesn't even go blank ever.

Any more solutions?

try to get the latest driver for your nic, and make sure you have all the current windows updates and your computers componant updates. In windows updates website, goto change settings and check show beta products.
Have you ever considered getting netlimiter? its a program that you can set limits on what uses your broadband the most, set everything else to low, and the site your DL off of to high, and see if that helps. Just do a google for netlimiter. Hope that helps, if not is your computer under warrenty? take it in and have them check it out, it could be a bad componant. Oh yea also do you have a screensaver on while you DL? that can freeze up your computer.

Good luck to you

TEchtim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom