Upgrading eMachine PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuz_master

Banned
Hey everyone,
I am planning on upgrading my PSU for my eMachine T3256. But I don't know what kind is compatible with it. newegg wont show the deminsions for its PSUs. I dont know if I should get a regular ATX or a micro ATX. Any help would be appreciated.

The problem with stock built pcs like your own is they also make their own cases usually. Try checking on your old psu. it might say its demensions on it. If now call emachines and ask. If worst comes to worst it might not be upgradable at all because it wont take any other psu besides a specially built one by emachine.

To get the dimesions of a PSU, click the 'Manufacturer's Site' link on the item's desciption page on NewEgg.

I'm pretty sure that newer eMachines use ATX PSUs.

Hopefully it is an standard ATX. I will get the deminsions when i get home. All I know is that I have never seen a standard PSU before. But my PSU looks small. But who knows that might be the standard size.

you will be fine with any atx form psu, emachines and HP use standard psu's, now if it was a dell that is a different story

O ok cool. That is a big relief. Now to another part. What do you guys recommmend? I want a 400 W or higher. What brands would you suggest? Thanks guys. Oh and btw I googled and went to tomshardware but want your guys opinion.

Alright cool. Thanks guys. Oh and when I install my PSU do I put the huge fan on one side facing up or down towards the gfx card and stuff? fuz_master=n00b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom