Razor Copperhead Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDGreen92086

In Runtime
I have a razor copperhead that I bought just after xmas, within the last few days, while playing WoW, my mouse will simply stop responding. I then have to unplug, then replug the mouse back into the USB port. Luckily it's in the front of my pc, unfortunately it restricts my gameplay severely. It started about two days ago, and the freezes continue to get more frequent. I haven't updated the Drivers or Firmware, the Driver is v6.04 and Firmware is v6.13. The reason I haven't updated is because I don't see where to update from my current versions, to the newest versions, can someone that knows how to do this help?

Really need a fast response, this is driving me up a f**king wall.

Thanks alot guys

most lickely it is the drivers. try uninstalling them and re-install them with the original disk

Mabee you are accidentally pulling it out just slightly when your moving the mouse

mole1135
It isn't the drivers. I've reinstalled to the original mouse drivers, and I installed the newest drivers, and updated the firmware, neither helped. Except I dont get a cold boot.

apokalipse
I have an internal pci card with 4 external ports and 1 internal, so I dont think it's that. I plug the mouse into the back of the pc. Each port is 500mA.

I would simply return the mouse, but i dont have the box or the reciept anymore.

I was told this.

That happened to me to. What I found out is that my system disables my USB ports after a specific idle time. Also, Razer's can only use USB since they use more power than a standard PS2 mouse. (At least my Diamondback does) Anyways give this a try:

1. Right-click on the "My Computer" icon and open its "Properties" page.
2. Select the "Hardware" tab.
3. Click the "Device Manager" button.
4. Click on the "+" sign of the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
5. Right-click on any "Root Hub" and select "Properties".
6. Select the "Power Management" tab and ensure that "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked.
7. Click the OK button and do this for every "Root Hub".

I did what he suggested, and it didn't help. I have 11 ports, 5 labeled "root hub", so maybe I could disable any ports that can be disabled, just incase power is being routed to them without anything attached?

What do you guys think?
Any other suggestions would be good too.

I remember having this problem with my old Labtec USB mouse on my laptop. I reinstalled drivers for the USB. which you should try if you havent already done so. Try using other USB ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom