Looking for an LCD Monitor- Help Please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sell224

Baseband Member
Ok well, I posted a topic yesterday or so asking for opinions about the 20' Acer Ferrari LCD monitor:

http://stores.tomshardware.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=15621794

and Also asked about the x1900xtx. Well I ended up ordering both, the xtx from new egg, which went through well. But I started off ordering the Monitor through "Securemart.com" which was listed in Tomshardware as the lowest costing one out there. For some reason, the site would not take my credit card saying it was invalid (which I figured out later was a precaution of the credit card company, which I guess was being cautious with big internet purchases or something..).

So I went to the next cheapest site "Provantage.com" and ordered it there. It went through there, so I thought everything was all good.

So today I am looking at more information about this monitor, and I read something someone mentions on a review that they only sell the monitor with the TV input in Europe, and they sell the other version without it in the U.S. I am like CRAP, I want that T.V. Input, so I went to the site and read through the stats of the place that I had ordered it.

Now keep in mind, I learned all my information about this monitor from a few reviews, mainly the one from tomshardware and another one on the net. Both had talked about the TV input as being part of the monitor.

So I went back to Provantage.com and read through the stuff. NO TV INPUT IS MENTIONED. Crap. So I go searching through a few of the other sites that were provided by tomshardware.. and I came across Buy.com, which listed it as having the TV input! This monitor was 50 dollars more, which I only thought was just because of different companies selling it. A lot of the sites didn't list it as having a TV input, and Buy.com is the only one I have found listing it as part of it. (Now I'm confused, becuase I heard that this monitor only comes with TV input in Europe..?)

So NOW I want to cancel my order, which seems to be impossible at this stage. I emailed them, but haven't gotten any notice. But get this, when I log into my email I see that I have 3 confirmation emails telling me..

1. Thanks for Ordering from Newegg! (cool!)
2. Thanks for Ordering from Provantage (crap why did I do that)
3. Thanks for Ordering from Secure Mart (WTF?)

My mom called the credit card company yesterday, they told us that the order had not worked I guess, so we shrugged it off. Now suddenly I have two orders coming.

I dont want either order, and I want to order from Buy.com.

All this drama with the monitor has made me think about ordering a different monitor, because for some reason all you guys keep telling me that the monitor "isn't good". I honestly don't know WHY you keep telling me this, all the specs seem to be good.

So I am looking for a monitor in the price range of about 400-500. LCD, maybe widescreen, hoping for a native resolution of 1600x1200 (or the widescreen 1680 x 1080).

Also if any of you guys have any suggestions to get me out of this pickle, please, by all means, tell me.

Lastly, I want to know, does the monitor I was trying to buy support HD? Like could I plug in my xbox 360 into it and play it in HD? If it didnt, I would realize I am making even more of a mistake. Maybe you guys could point me into the direction of a monitor that did support HD.

PHEW. Could somone please help out, I am so confused!

Doesn't have a T.V. input, is 540 on New egg (a bit much). I dont see why its so good.

Let me make it a bit more clear:

I want a monitor with a good contrast ratio, good ms response. I dont care for speakers on it, but dont mind them. I want it to be 20' (widescreen or normal). It must be within the 400-500 maybe a little over range. I would like it to look at least a little cool (I am spending so much on it). And lastly, I want to plug in my xbox 360 and possibly later TV stuff into it.

For a 20" LCD, it has the best response time, a very good contrast ratio, the lowest pixel pitch, very good brightness, and it uses an 8-bit S-IPS panel. It dosn't get much better than that. I own it, and I really have to say, it's great.

Does it have a TV input? I would really like that. It's also a bit expensive and doesnt have that much visual flare haha. But I dont know, it could be good.

Is the Acer one I was looking at good? Cuz for less money, the same stats (800:1 and 8 ms?) and a cooler look, I dont know..

Which one is a sick monitor, the acer or the LG L2000C??

ahh.. I really need someone to help me decide which monitor to get haha. I just cant get over the acer one, it looks so sick. But for some reason people keep saying its bad?? WHY?!

Edit:

Maybe someone could tell me. Does this exact monitor from

http://www.provantage.com/acer-et-l380b-063~7ACEP02U.htm

have those plugs where I could plug in a xbox 360? And would it have the HD plugs, so I could play it in HD??

That acer monitor doesn't look to bad, it basicly has the same specs as the LG, but it's pixel pitch is .258mm instead of .255. It is advertised as an 8-bit LCD, but a lot of manufacturers lie about that, so I can't really be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom