Problems with computer recognizing driver. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUTZandRAGE

Solid State Member
I have a SONY DRU-720A DVD burner on my PC. Yesterday I re-installed Windows, and the burner was working fine. A few hours later, the burner banished from my computer. I checked to see if any cables have been busted loose, but nothing, they had not been moved.

I tried using the CD it originally brought, but the burner will read nothing, and will not show up in the "My Computer" section. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it using the Windows troubleshooter, and while the computer did recognize my burner, it showed a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark next to it. Following the instructions they gave me did not help.

Some times, when I boot up my computer, it says something about "new hardware found" and says the name of the burner, but it will not show up and it will not read anything. I also downloaded the update from SONY, but could not install it.

I'm stumped, and have no idea what to do or what is causing it. I thought the reinstalling of Windows might be it, but it was working afterwards, and I don't think it's my new HDD either. It was working with that, too.

Any help would be vastly appreciated. Thanks and sorry for the long message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom