Overclock speed switching???

Status
Not open for further replies.
why not just keep them the same higher speeds? kinda annoying to go back and switch the settings every time

You do realize a video card has 2D and 3D clock frequencies, and when you are simply idling in windows in an environment that is not doing any heavy rendering instructions the core will revert to much slower 2D frequencies as the full power of the core is not needed

When you start up a game the core will revert back to 3D settings and speed up significantly

Isn't it better to keep your video card alway's at the same speed? Also, aren't you supposed to keep the 2D and 3D the same?

I'm assuming the 2D to 3D shift will be automatic. I use ATI tray tools and just switch profiles from "Original" to "Best."

reggie_da_man said:
Isn't it better to keep your video card alway's at the same speed? Also, aren't you supposed to keep the 2D and 3D the same?

i don't know if your supposed to keep them the same since they aren't the same to begin with but i know your not supposed to overclock teh 2d since it doesn't give you any performance gains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom