low 3dmark05 scores on 7900gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.
well running .. just did an another test. total score was 7957. cpu test is 4760. so minising one from the other doesnt give me the same score.. so wot does that mean?

it means ur CPU is the problem, its not bottlenecking, it just sux, and since 3dmark takes ur cpu into account, people get a lot of their score from the cpu. and urs isnt that great, hence the low score, ur GPU score is high, as it should be, but not ur CPU, so yeah, OC the sh1t of that cpu if u want higher scores.

Don't know how many times I have to say it but a CPU does not bottleneck a GPU as they are two independant components.

Furthermore, 3Dmark05/06 and even 03 scores have little weight based on CPU performance, a CPU would at most sway your score a few hundred points but your average score is pretty much predetermined by your GPU speed...3Dmark01 is really the only futuremark benching software that takes all of your components into account equally before coughing up a score

I'm not familiar with your board but I would assume that the nf4 chipset on the ultra-d attributed the better score...I know nvidia GPUs have previously been picky about the right chipset and it's pretty much undisputed that the nf4 is the most capable one out there

Would also need information about drivers and such as they can have a significant influence on scores...and assuming you first put the card into your P4 and then transferred it into the A64 I would assume the A64 would have been updated with the lastest drivers which the P4 may have been lacking

bonehelm said:
wait, gaara, what youre saying is that even a sempron wont bottleneck a 7900GTX?

within reason dude. I dont knopw the specs of the sempron, never bothered to look, but trimmins p4 is quite capable in assisting the 7900gtx, so i am another one here who thinks cpu has nothing to do with the problem.......he is about 2500-3000 short of where he should be and i also dont think that the difference between his asus board and the nf4 chipset is enough of a difference to make that up.

Well i had the latest drivers that i could find for my system. updated the bios and so forth.using 84.21 and tried the 84.25 beta drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom