CRC and MD5 errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentfazexx

Solid State Member
When I install stuff on my system, (i.e. oblivion, battlefield 2, hitman 2 etc.) I get crc and md5 errors. it usually affects how the game runs, or the game wont install at all. if it does work, itll crash or freeze up for seemingly no reason at all. I just replaced the motherboard, cpu, and gfx card. the hdd is no more than a month and a half old, my dvd burner is maybe 2 yrs old at most, and all my ide cables and such are brand new. I'm not sure what is causing this since all my discs are fine and seemed to start having issues at the same time.

Any ideas???

I'm confuse, what exactly are you testing wih md5?

Are you saying that your game disks are failing CRC checks?

Do you have any other system issues? BSODs etc?

Sounds like a faulty DVD drive atm

its just when I install stuff it has errors. I'm guessing its either the HDD or optical drive. couldn't be the RAM. and the motherboard and everything else is brand new, only things I didnt JUST replace are the hdd, ram and cd drive.

and also..

hdd is less than 2 months old and hasnt been hit hard or dropped or anything
ram is like 3 or so months old, and I dont really get ram issues ever
my dvdrom thats giving me issues is 1-2 years old (a memorex dual layer dvd burner)

Since no one replied to this at all really I took it upon myself to replace the hdd and so fourth. Still getting the same b/s CRC crap. So I'm assuming its the optical drive since the only other non-new things in here is the sound card and RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom