Limited Virtual Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenASE

Solid State Member
About 8 months ago I got this error.. everytime I booted up Windows, the first thing that popped up was this. I had messed around with thesettings for awhile afterwards(following generic guides and such) and nothing has helped. Anyone have any ideas?

(I have about ~400 MB of ram.)

I should have clarified that I have XP, so to get to the virtual memory thing, you have to do it another way, which I forgot., but regardless, telling me to increase it doesn't help, because I have increased it before and it didn't really fix the problem.. so, thanks.

go to start, run and type "msconfig" and press enter.
remove items from startup except those you need (Antivirus and such)
after you restart, you won't have as many programs opening and less RAM will be used

otherwise, I would just advise you try and upgrade your RAM

nitestick said:
well the solution to the problem you have described is exactly as i stated and in windows xp that is how you access virtual memory settings. if you don't actually try the solutions offered why should people help

First, if you're going to be a ****, don't even bothering responding at all, okay? :)

Secondly, you couldn't have been more vague, and I would hardly call that crap a "solution". Increase the size of the paging file. Gee. How do I do that, considering there are 3 input values? How much should I increase it to? What's the maximum value? What's the minimum value? What exactly does this do, and how did this happen in the first place?

Yeah, in all honesty, your piece of **** advice didn't help at all. Atleast apok gave me something, which I appreciate, but I just upgraded my ram from 128 and added a 256 MB stick, so I have ~374 now.

alright perhaps i was a little over the top in my response but at least i tried to remain civil. my advice to you "not everything can be completely taught, some things you have to learn for yourself". this is one of those things. it has to be done with trial and error. i can't really give you an exact value, i expected you would just try and tweak it until it worked. a minimum should be at least double the quantity of your ram if you can spare the room and the maximum should be 2.5-3x the amount of ram. that is an outline. now i'm sorry if i offended you earlier but i was annoyed that you seemingly didn't even bother trying what i said when i took the time to try and help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom