removable hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
I was thinking of putting my hard drive in that removable case which fits in the 5.25 inch drive.

is it called an IDE mobile rack?

if it is, i came across some IDE mobile racks which had fans built in them, do they work as hard drive fans, thus cooling them.
can you guys recommend one of them?

you should be aware that a removeable rack requires at least 2 computer desktops to have this rack installed, otherwise you could remove the hard disk and store it in a safe vault. not really useful.

an external drive enclosure is something completely different. it is a box that you can put any IDE drive into it like cd-rom or hard disk. they use either USB or firewire and you can just plug them into any computer. you don't need to install any hardware into each computer. this may be what you really wanted.

here are some:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProdu...iption=usb,enclosure&searchdepa=0&Order=votes

yes, it is basically the cooling issue i had been enquiring about ealier on.
shrapnill i could not follow the link you had posted
some one told me if left my computer open from the sides it would be ok, since leaving the computer open would provide "natural cooling"

any thoughts on that

yea u can just put a cooler on top of the HD. I had one before but it didn't really help since id idn't have a cooling problem. But for you it shoudl work wonders...

hmm well i know in my case there is like more slots on the bottom to fit like 6 more HD's but thats my case... the Xaser III

what kind of case do u have anyway? Thats pretty bad that u dont have enough room for a HD cooler...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom