hotmail through thunderbird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if you have a paid account that you can use OE or Outlook to get the mail with. From there just grab the settings from OE or Outlook from within Thunderbird and it should work.

take a look here http://www.lifehacker.com/software/email-apps/check-hotmail-using-thunderbird-034583.php - it sounds like there is a thunderbird extension to do this.

I have a 'Valued' hotmail account, which means i can access my email using outlook/outlookExpress for free, however I run linux! Because hotmail uses some non standard protocol other email clients like thunderbird wont work - although as the link suggests there are people who are checking their hotmail accounts with thunderbird, so it is doable. - if you spot a way to do so with thunderbird under Linux let me know

hmmm, well. to be honest i worded my first post wrong, i was mostly looking for the pop3 adress for hotmail

mail.pop3hot.com there it is, i didnt get a plug in or anything just chucked it in there. worked fine

Um, I just installed Thunderbird and I also want to use my hotmail account through Thunderbird. Could someone explain in a little bit more detail how I would go about setting this up. I would really appreciate it. When you say you just "chucked the pop3 adress for hotmail in there" I don't know what you mean.

I use a free hotmail account btw.

just makle another acount in thunderbird, and put mail.pop3hot.com in the incoming mail server, and use your hotmail email address as your username.

thats how i did it, and it will just prompt u for ur password. i also have a free hotmail account

Why do I have to make another account? What would happen if I just changed the incomming mail server and username of my first account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom