Please help me build my gamming computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth_StRiKeR

Beta member
These are the recommended and minimum to be able to run Oblivion. I Want to build a gamming comp. that can run this game smoothly. So my question is can you help me by telling me everything I need to be able to run this game nice and smooth. I mean eveything that take to build a computer, the CASE, the POWER SUPPLY, the CPU, the COOLING FANS, the MOTHERBOARD, the MEMORY, the VIDEO CARD, the LCD MONITOR, the HARD DRIVE, the OPTICAL DRIVE, the SOUND, and any thing else that can help me now btter what I should buy to build a pretty good gamming computer. And the price range is up to $1000,oo. I wil vary much aprriciate it. Let the challenge begin.

THE RECOMMENDED:

3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor 1 GB System RAM ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

THE Minimum System Requirements:

Windows XP 512MB System RAM 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor 128MB Direct3D compatible video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver 8x DVD-ROM drive 4.6 GB free hard disk space DirectX 9.0c (included) DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card Keyboard, Mouse

Supported Video Card Chipsets:

ATI X1900 series

ATI X1800 series

ATI X1600 series

ATI X1300 series

ATI X850 series

ATI x800 series

ATI x700 series

ATI x600 series

ATI Radeon 9800 series

ATI Radeon 9700 series

ATI Radeon 9600 series

ATI Radeon 9500 series

NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series

NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series

NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series

NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series

NVIDIA GeForce FX series

DFI Ultra-d Mobo
AMD X2 3800 Processor
1 GB of G skill ram
X1900 xt or Geforce 7900 gt
Plus all the other stuff....
Oh and if you have extra money you should get an XFi soundcard.

Why would he get a DFI and a soundcard? The DFI is kind of expensive for running things at stock speeds (i doubt he's going to be overclocking) and the soundcard, IMO is useless unless you have a really nice pair of speakers.

Are you overclocking or not?

If not, then I don't see how you can spend less than 2000 dollars.

Well you should get a nice pair of speakers and soundcard, that really makes a gaming rig nice IMO. If i didnt have 5.1 speakers, that would suck.

5.1 is the best for gaming. It makes you feel like your there, you can hear in what direction people are comming. If you are getting a decent pait of speakers you could go ahead and get a soundcard, it's just I think onboard sound does me fine right now.

Even though my speakers/soundcard arent great (SB live 7.1 and Creative p580's), it still sounds amamzing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom