low 3dmark05 scores on 7900gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.

trimmin

In Runtime
Hey guys. i posted i little while ago about some ow scores on my new 7900gtx. i thought it was a psu problem but have since bought a new enermax noisetaker 600watt. But my scores are still quite low. I'm only scoring 8000 on the 05 mark. Are there any components that i have that might be bottlenecking the full performance of this card?? My system is below.

hey. The card is fine. I tested it in a dfi ultra-d with a amd64-3800 and worked fine wih a score of just over 10500 on clock speeds. So i think something on my system is bottlenecking it somewhere. its had a fresh install of windows aswell so the harddrive is clean. used the latest drivers aswell and tested the beta drivers to.

I betting that it's you're cpu. Thats not a very good cpu. It's only 3Ghz.

Yea, 3dmark takes CPU into account too.

Pentium 4 3.0ghz = Athlon 64 3000+
Pentium 4 3.8ghz = Athlon 64 3800+

See what I mean?

i see what you mean with cpu speeds. But on the opening scene on the test my friends dfi board and my card is 51fps but on my board its 45 fps. Do you think that is because of the cpu? and not any other part of my setup? he scores more with his msi 7800gtx o\clocked

what you wanna look at is the graphics card score, and minus the score of the cpu. then if they are the same you know its your cpu

As far as I know 3dmark05 doesnt add the cpu score and gpu score right? isn't that only in 06? But yeah I believe it is your CPU. Plus it's an intel, which isn't very good for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom