os probs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hekler

Solid State Member
black screen

basically the problem goes like this: boot up system, it goes through its scan and what not, it gets to the xp screen with the load bar, but it then goes black screen.

what i did: installed 7800 gs oc (agp) for a friend with a gateway comp. mobo had onboard graphics, i disabled the onboard graphics, (but not through bios) through device manager, i also uninstalled the drivers.

installed the card, checked the bios to make sure agp was activated and had correct voltage. after the xp icon with the load bar, it goes black.

i got rid of old mobo, and got mobo with no onboard crap, i've tried two monitors, and a different agp card, everything is compatible, im sure of that. not sure what to do now, normally i'd trash the old hdd and buy new one, but friend has files on there he needs.

oh......i also did first boot to cd-rom thinkin i might be able to load fresh copy of xp on different partition, but still, the black screen appears........im out of my league.

any pointers?

You most likely need a more powerful power supply. Its most likely overloading and turning off. You also need to connect power directly to the graphics card.

i thought about that, but then, i also get black screen with my radeon 9550 (128mb) which requires no seperate power. im going to try a different ps right now.

cleared cmos, no go, safe mode start, no go, im screwed, guess, ill throw nother hdd in, and go from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom