Bottlenecking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sell224

Baseband Member
I vaguely know what bottlenecking is, (just by visualizing how a bottle is actually shaped I think I get the idea), and I'm thinking about getting a 1900xtx.

I have an amd 3500+ clocked at about 2.41 Ghz, and someone on another forum told me that my proccessor might not allow the xtx to run at full performance.

Is this true?

nope i run a AMD 3700+ san diego and its more than enough, your 3500+ shouldnt bottleneck it.

im using the X1900XT which is a 25MHZ and 50Mhz OC away, i would get the X1900XT instead of the X1900XTX.

heck no... I have the same processor and graphics card and it runs great and my proc isnt even overclocked

A CPU cannot bottle neck a gpu.. however, it can severly limit the gameplay.. but with your cpu overclocked and what not, your in fine shape

Your CPU is great. Games aren't very demanding on the processor anyways, your CPU and a x1900xt will kill any game out there :D

Your CPU is working at 4000+ speeds, you'll be fine. But go for the X1900XT which is just barely slower than the X1900XTX and OC it and save yourself the $50-100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom