Computer upgrade, need some info pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranky88

Baseband Member
Hi all, I currently have a 3ghz prescot on a 478 board with an x800GT video card running with 1ghz of ddr400 ram. I also have 2 raptors in Raid 0 but I think that system is bottlenecking those harddrives..right? because i dont notice a performance change since changing to the raptors from an ordinary 7200rpm hdd.

Now I want to upgrade to a dual core system with a better graphics card. I was thinking along the lines of x2 4200+ on Asus A8N, and 7800gt 256mb. I want to use the same harddrives. Will the system i mentioned be alright for them? and are there any parts better for similar price that I know of?

Thanks for you advice

I would go with a 3800+ or a Opteron 165 for the Option of overclocking (the opteron is also a very good processor with no overclock) and a 7900GT and you ment 1gb of ddr400

opty 165, ONLY plan on doing serious ocing. If not get the x2 3800+, and just oc it .2ghz to a x2 4200+, it will be the same thing but just cheaper.

Opteron 165 is a dual core runs at 1.8ghz(Each Core) stock with 2mb l2 cache while the 4200+ runs at 2.2ghz(each core) with 1mb l2 cache the opteron can easily overclock to 2.2ghz with decent ram so its basicly your choice

get a Corsair XMS 2x1gb, and get the Opteron only if u no how to OC, if you dont get the 3800, dont get 4200 cause the cache is sh1t.

is the 2mb cache really that much better? and my ram.. i dont have any specs just know its ddr400 and its not the ones with heatsink but its corsair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom