Laptop not recognizing Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortierja9

Beta member
I recently replaced my hard drive in my Toshiba Satellite M35-S359. I am new at this so I may have not taken the correct steps to replace it. My question is how to reinstall windows and all the previous software that came with the computer. When I try the recovery CD provided with my computer, it says that it is the Wrong Machine. I don't think it is reading the exact model of my laptop. My other hard drive was damaged beyond repair and I lost all data (which isn't a huge deal if I can get this one with all the correct software on it). Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

the recovery cd is likely hardware locked and a part of that lock is probably the hard drives model & and possibly its serial number , call toshiba and ask for a new recovery cd and mention that you replaced the hard drive.. maybe they will agree to send you a new one for some $ , otherwise youll have to buy a windows cd

I have got a windows cd and installed windows. I used the windows cd that came with my parents Dell computer because mine did not come with one. It installed fine, but it does not recognize my model number, just that it is a portable pc. I cannot connect to the internet. I went to device manager and saw that the drivers to my: base system device, ethernet controller, multimedia audio controller, network controller, pci modem, video controller are all not installed. I need to install these drivers but the computer does not find them. I tried using the recovery cd but it says that it is not made for my computer (which it is). Kind of stuck on how to install my drivers for this hardware.

Thanks for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom