Overclocking AMD x2 4200+ any1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my rig this summer my parents are paying for half or so, its gonna cost about $3000 here in canada, what with are %15 taxes....no good fu*****

wow my parents are like "dont spend more than 300- and ive already tripled that and im going to spend about 900 more... so yeah im banned from credit card use after this gorge...

Back to subject... I have my CPU sitting at 2.65 right now stable after about 12 hours of torture... (What's it... Prime 95) it's air cooled as you can see in the sig. also no problems... Temps sit in the high 20's low 30's C. even at full load.

sweet. I just ordered my 7900gt co sc, so my computer in my sig should be up and running by friday. I'm thinkin about buying a zalman 9500 heatsink. I'll have a 120mm fan up front in the drive bays blowing air to the 9500, then the 9500 pushing the air back to the 120mm exhaust fan. I think it's a pretty good idea. Plus ill be putting a 120mm fan on top for exhaust too. If you have any good reccomendations for super quiet 120mm fans (preferably lighted blue, don't have to be tho). thanks

you have 2? did you put one in you drive bays and one someplace else or do you have a massive amount of drive bays?

I took off the cage on one and put one in the drive bays. So both of them are in the front (Top and Bottom) and the other 4 fans are: 1 on top of the case, one on the side, 2 in the back... really good cooling..

Right now @ idle it's 27C. I've seen it get to 38C after about 4 hours of gaming (it was a long sleepless night... :p ) Just so you can understand I have this case as well...

http://www.directron.com/storm847bl.html

'cept mine's black. I like the clean look at it, even better once I took out the super bright blue, NOISY as all get, out 80mm fans, and replaced them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom