PSU watts for water cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
really? why is that? i just got a 550 watt PSU. Thats more then enough for me. I got my computer working BTW so. But i wanna now why that is since ive never heard that before..

Well that sucks, the guy just went out and got a 550 watt PSU for the thing! :p

Now he has to buy a dozen cold cathodes and 4 120mm fans to make it worth it.

What kind of power supply is used for a watercooling system if you don't use the computer PSU?

And Monster tell me how the cooling kit works out for you, I am in the market for a watercooling kit and Im trying to figure out which one to buy.

i would go for the aquarius III. I love it and i think its cool since its external. This is my 1st water cooling system and i think there great. I was alittle iffy about them becuase i was scared of them leaking. But thats really doubtful since the clamps they give u are very tight and you cant go wrong. The only thing about it, is that you needed to take off the Mobo to get the CPU fan harness out. But other then that, i would go for it. Even though this was about 230 (ebay brand new) i would defently go for it if you have the money and if you are willing to spend that much.

well like, The only way i can see of mounting a 2nd PSU is to mount it externally... But also another factor is power. The 550 watt uses 6-12 amps and same with the 350. If im using 2 of them at once then i will be blowing fuses a lot.

How can the 550W and the 350W use the same amount of current if they deliver different powers??
I would have thought that the 550W would draw 3A max.

So Microbell, you're saying that the only solution to having a reliable watercooling system is 2 PSUs? That doesn't sound feasible, ATX systems just aren't built for that. Where ya gonna put it?

Also, some water cooling questions:

How loud is it? Quiet as in 20 dba, or quiet as in 40 dba?

Is there an advantage to an external unit? Seems to me it'd be more convenient if it were all stowed internally.

Any personal suggestions on WHICH one to buy?

ok, well on the aquarius III u can ajust the fan speed on it. There is a knob in the front and it tells u on a digital gauge how much RPM's its going. The max RPM's are i think 5500 and the lowest is 2000 or somwhere around there. The reason y i wanted it external is becuase i thought it looked cool and its eaiser to refill and stuff. So you dont have to open up ur case everytime and worry about spilling the water and shorting out a part in ur computer. Also, i think it also saves room in ur case and makes it so u dont have a pump and a resivor sitting on the bottom of ur case. So it does save room.. But as for liek the sound of it, I usally keep the fan speed like medium when im idleing but when im playing a game or somthing i put it higher. the type of fan that is in it that cools the water off is http://thermaltake.com/coolers/venus/rs/a1744.htm that. When its all the way up, it does get noisy but i mean it does a very good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom