what is wrong with my friends computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamo0o

Baseband Member
He built it himself, but he kinda rushed it - I'm thinking he has some compatability issues. He is experiancing some slow downs and some freezes. When he plays CS Source it sometimes freezes. He has duel 7800GT's (with a bundled motherboard, forget which) he also has a X2 3800+ processor. I told him to run a benchmark test as it may be revealing, he did this test http://www.gamershell.com/download_12243.shtml
and scored a 3767.
Hm... anything else I can tell you, or any advice?

Well how are the drivers? Is there any crap on the system like spyware/viruses? A system like that should be scoring higher. How much ram does he have? Also what kind of power supply?

He has 2 GB of DDR(2?, I'll have to check on this) RAM, the drivers are installed, and I do not believe he has any spyware/viruses as he just reformated last night. He has, I believe a 500W PS.

I believe this one

Ultra / X-Finity / 500-Watt / ATX / 120mm Fan / SATA-Ready / SLI-Ready / Titanium / Power Supply

wats the amps for the 12v on that PSU? because those cards EACH require a min of 18 amps.

well isnt that his problem right there, there is 1 16a 12v and 1 18am, and he needs 2x18amps, cause thats the minimum for 7800 GTs and he has 2.

maybe some other underlying problem, but that may also be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom