Is there something wrong with my...

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Justin

In Runtime
MY motherboard or my PSU? when i try to shut down the computer sometimes it just seems like it ignored my command, and sometimes all the programs at the bottom right corner of the screen closes but it wont shut down. and i have my fan at the back plugged in but its not turning, it was yesterday but now i look at it its not spinning.. someething tells me my psu isn't giving enough power? or my motherboard isnt functioning properly, but other then these things thers nothing else wrong. when i shut down now i usually have to go to "switch user" then shut down from there. my psu is antec truepower II 480w and im SURE its enough to power my computer cause my computer is like mid range not high end.. but i dunoo..anyone know how to fix this problem?

Sounds like a windows problem. There's probably a virus or something. Honestly when I get a problem like that, I look around for 5-10 minutes and then give up and reformat. It's a lot easier that way.

serisouly? i just got this comp like 4 days ago... cant be a virus.. ima scan with AVG right now

of course there can be a virus, especially since the computer is new and you only have 1 antivirus program, right when you run windows and have an internet connectoin you are bombarded like a crazy, i remember when i reformatted, then after i installed all my antivirus stuff i had to get rid of like 100 trojans alone. i have AVG, Avast Pro, Sygate FIrewall PRO, and Spyware Doctor, AND McAfee Security Centre, and my computer has had no problem with spyware, trojans, viruses, intruders for 3 months straight, not one.

AVG free + Zone alarm free + spybot search and destroy is all i need. i have no problems at all. spybot very rarely picks anything up.

you should also have a good firewall, i suggest Sygate Pro, its very good, havent had any problems with it. AVG, Avast! home edition is free but i suggest the Pro edition, and Spyware Doctor is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom