PSU for new GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, still another question. The x1900xtx says that it needs about 30 amps on the 12 volt rail, but when i look at the antec, there are dual 12 volt rails@ 19 amps a peice. So I guess I would add those two up and say my 12 volt runs at 38 amps?

im not sure about that...........thats weird........how much does a 7900 GT need in that case? will my Antec Truepower 550W be able to supply it with wat i needs?

uh hu, the 7900 GT needs 20 amps.......the antec has 19, wtf?

YO WTF! its max output is 19amps on both 12v, SH1T!

**** i guess its ack to the OCZ powerstream, it has 33 amps for 12v.lil higher price, but i guess its worth it since it i will probably need it when i upgrade to a g80.

EDIT: Oh ****! the 7900 GTX alone needs 34 amps, wtf is going on here? oh wait nevermind thats minimum supply for a 550Watt, then 22 amps minimum for 450 watt PSU. phew...., speaking of which what is the minimum amps for a PSU that has less than 550watts......lets see here. yeah its 30 amps, with a 450 watt psu or greater......**** that sux.

back to the drawing board.

looks like ill be going with the OCZ PowerStream 520Watt, its a great PSU, the only problem i *had* with it, was that it was too expensive for my budget, but now that i found low prices, i can squeeze it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom